DBL are committed to following the principles and initiatives of SPS' Focus 5 programme.
Focus 5 Sustainability
We are committed to working in partnership with our clients to drive sustainable business change. We understand the importance of meeting the needs of present generations without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. The responsibility to take care of the economic, social and environmental aspects of our business is reflected in our core values, which are to promote sustainable profitable growth, value our people and to look after our environment.
We are seeking substantial improvements in the efficient use of resources, a reduction in our carbon output plus appropriate use of technologies which will result in a long term transformation in the way we work.
The 5 areas of Focus
- Carbon Reduction
- Employee Wellbeing
- Social Involvement
- Be efficient in our direct use of energy, materials and water, manage waste responsibly and avoid polluting the environment
- Relative reduction of carbon output resulting directly and where possible, indirectly from our activities
- Work with our clients, partners and suppliers to define more environmentally and socially sustainable ways of working
- Take care of the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, clients and suppliers, respect human rights, equality and diversity principles
- Encourage social involvement to help build more sustainable communities
- Be compliant with relevant environmental legislation, client and other requirements, including those with environmental and social dimensions
- Set targets, report, and review and continuously strive to improve our performance
We recognise the key role our staff play in progressing and indeed setting our sustainability targets and objectives. No business can operate sustainably without the commitment of every individual involved; our staff, clients and suppliers. Full participation with our Focus 5 sustainability program is expected of every person within DBL.